Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Operation Weaving the Spider's Web


Sometimes, knitting from a pattern is rather boring. One needs blue prints instead.

 

Operation Weaving the Spider's Web started as a sketch, but ended as a sweater. Sketch by Hyperdoodle, sweater by me. Yarn picked out by Hyperdoodle because picking colors has the side effect of making my eyes bleed, and he's a boy who knows his colors. Start talking about negative and positive values and the color wheel in front of me and my eyes start to cross. Not pretty.


The yarn is Cascade 220 and Cascade 220 Heathers. Amazingly, he was nonplussed at the idea of hand washing his own vest, so no superwash for us. I did send him off with a bottle of Soak, though, to be safe.

2 comments:

  1. There is something really cool about a guy who will wear a hand-knit/handwash only sweater. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again. I'm so lucky to have a custom, hand-knit vest to feel fancy in!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...