Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ultimate Slouch Hat

When traveling on public transportation or shopping at the produce market, I am overcome with slouch hat envy. Although the weather here doesn't even come close to being in the single digits, folks here know how to rock a hat, and I found it shameful that I was a knitter, yet I sported a naked head. Naked head no more! Introducing the Ultimate Slouch Hat.


$2.99

This hat lays just so thanks to short row shaping at the crown, and since it's knit from bulky Cascade Ecological Wool,  it works up at lightening speed! I think the best part is that I can get 3 hats out of one skein of Cascade Eco, so I foresee giving a lot of these away as gifts. Thanks to my test knitter, Deb!



Needles:
  • 16-inch US  #9 circular needle
  • 16-inch US #10 1/2 circular needle
  • 1 set of US #10 1/2 DPNs or a 20-inch US #10 1/2 circular needle 


Skills needed: 
  • knitting in the round
  • knitting with 2 circular needles or DPNs
  • short row shaping.
Sizes
  • Small, 20-22 inch circumference
  • Large, 22-24 inch circumference
Gauge
  • 15 stitches = 4 inches

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...