When traveling on public transportation or shopping at the produce market, I am overcome with slouch hat envy. Although the weather here doesn't even come close to being in the single digits, folks here know how to rock a hat, and I found it shameful that I was a knitter, yet I sported a naked head. Naked head no more! Introducing the Ultimate Slouch Hat.
This hat lays just so thanks to short row shaping at the crown, and since it's knit from bulky Cascade Ecological Wool, it works up at lightening speed! I think the best part is that I can get 3 hats out of one skein of Cascade Eco, so I foresee giving a lot of these away as gifts. Thanks to my test knitter, Deb!
- 16-inch US #9 circular needle
- 16-inch US #10 1/2 circular needle
- 1 set of US #10 1/2 DPNs or a 20-inch US #10 1/2 circular needle
- knitting in the round
- knitting with 2 circular needles or DPNs
- short row shaping.
- Small, 20-22 inch circumference
- Large, 22-24 inch circumference
- 15 stitches = 4 inches