Thursday, April 5, 2012

Tangerine Dreams and Red Roses


Flaming June is off the needles and on me! Already, I know that I am going to wear this over, and over, and over again. The only problem is that it's so distinctive that people are going to notice when I wear the same cardigan 5 days in a row. Maybe I should knit another one in black and green?


Excruciating details can be found on my Ravelry project page. This fingering weight sweater, as well as a 700+ page library book (Inheritance by Christopher Paolini), was keeping me in my own little world.


The boy's beer hobby has been upsized from 1-gallon batches to 5-gallon batches. Before he could take up space in the house for a 5-gallon set up, he had to prove that this wasn't just a passing whim. I should know better than to challenge him, because since January, he's made 14 1-gallon batches of beer. My waistline can only take 1 beer every other day, so this has been a challenge! Surprisingly, or maybe not so surprisingly, the time it takes to brew 5 gallons is not significantly more time than it takes to brew 1 gallon. Besides the dog-sized pot, we didn't need to buy anything more thanks to his brother who used to brew beer back in the day. Score! I sent out some feelers and got connected with some chicken wranglers, so I won't have to feed our bloated compost bin and red wrigglers any more spent grain (and hopefully I'll get some eggs in the process).


Orange and red have been my theme colors for the past few months. More proof is this little ditty I knit up for a friend's baby.  I've also been making red and gold beet salads, and eating blood oranges with tangerines. Next, I'll be making superhero capes for the cats.

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! The Cardigan came out beautifully, i'm off to check it out now.

    Capes for the kitties would be fantastic and i would highly recommend them to protect your adorable crusaders from the impending doom, i mean rain, that is supposedly headed our way next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that cardi turned out BEAUTIFUL!!! and i can totally see you wearing that every single day of the week. i agree. a black and green one is in order... knowing you, it will be done in no time.

    and i will make sure to send you a picture of my cutie pie when she fits into the pretty sweater you made!! :) xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sweater. I remember seeing the pattern in one of your earlier posts - you are QUICK in whipping things up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Capes for the cats. I CAN NOT wait to see those.

    That sweater is really . . . really cool. I just about added it to my list when you mentioned fingerling. I may still, but I'm going to have to think on that some more. I love the two colors and the shape - it's so different. Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, gals! I really do adore this sweater, but the weather gods have been cruel and made it rather cold here again. It's wool weather once again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...