Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Frontwards Cabled Pullover

This was my first completed pullover, one that I finished in August, but for some reason, I've been dragging my feet about posting it here, mostly because I'm not really happy with my blurry pictures but not motivated enough to retake them! I hate taking pictures of myself by myself because of all the running back and forth. I swear I'll pick up a remote for my other camera.

The Backwards Cabled Pullover (frontwards for me!) pattern is from Wendy Bernard's most excellent book, Custom Knits. I decided to make the pullover face frontwards instead of backwards because people wouldn't put it past me to unintentionally wear my clothes inside/outside/upsidedown, and I don't feel the need to perpetuate the stereotype of women engineers, thankyouverymuch.

The cable design that flows down the front of the sweater is gorgeous. It is also much easier to knit than it looks, always a nice plus!


I especially love how the main cable morphs into the 2x2 baby cable ribbing at the bottom of the sweater. Yes, this is the sweater that started my baby cable obsession.


The yarn I chose, Fresco by Classic Elite Yarns, is really lovely to knit. I was worried about the cables not popping due to the yarn's halo, but the stitch definition turned out to be excellent. I do find this sweater a little itchy, so I have to wear a shirt underneath it.

Like always, I had to knit the pattern smaller than the smallest size due to being a shorty, but changing the pattern was inevitable since I chose a different yarn than the one in the pattern. Knitting sweaters is a case where being short has its advantages - faster to finish and less yarn to buy! So, the next time someone cracks a short joke, instead of thinking how dull witted that person is and snapping back, I'll think of my knitted sweaters, take the high road, and not give them the satisfaction of a response. So there.

The Dirty Details
Pattern: Backwards Cabled Pullover by Wendy Bernard, Custom Knits
Yarn: 3.75 balls of Classic Elite Yarns Fresco, colorway mallard blue
Needles: Hiyahiya interchangeable circulars, US Size 6

More details on my Rav page.

1 comment:

  1. It's awesome. I live in fear of knitting sweaters, but this one looks possibly knitable. (Is that a real word or did I just misspell it?)
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...