Saturday, March 8, 2008

Sunny Day

Ahhhh, spring. Or, more appropriately, "Ahhhchhooo! Spring!" The days are getting longer, the weather is warming up, and I'm trying to make sure that I'm outside soaking in the rays while not becoming soaked head to toe in pollen. It's a tricky feat, conquered best with a little bit of allergy medication.

Speaking of tricky feet, I finally finished my Scroll socks! I started and finished the first sock during my Southeast Asia trip. I knitted the majority of the second sock during our Mexico trip, so these are definitely my special travel socks. If I wear them and click my heels three times, can I be back on vacation? No? OK, then I'll just wear them and dream of warm, beachy places.



Pattern: Scrolls from More Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch
Needle Size: 1
Yarn: Schaefer Anne

This pretty lace pattern was surprisingly easy to memorize even though it is worked over 14 rows.


Greaseball, although an indoor cat, is happy about spring also. His favorite patch of sunshine is around longer, and he takes full advantage of this Most Coveted Spot.


Not even a rude dog can ruin his mood (or claim his spot).

3 comments:

  1. SO CUTE.
    and bill loooooooved mingus and his silliness. :o)
    50/50 caught his heart too.
    your furrie cuties are too much sometimes! they make us smile and laugh so much! especially when vespa kisses 50...
    thanks again for hosting friday night...and personally? i hope there is a sequel to king of kong!!! ek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed it on Friday night, but at least I'm feeling better. You definitely wouldn't have wanted me there.

    Awww, Greaseball is so cute!

    (and thanks to the stupid Google + Blogger merge, my login stuff has gone all wonky).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the socks!!!

    and of course greaseball - I worked from home today and Kaya spent some quality time in the sun on the window sill behind my head - she had like NO pupils the sun was so bright :)

    I was thinking of you yesterday - I lost my set of size 7 dpns.. I am sure they are in a bag somewhere so hopefully I will have the same luck you did finding them after posting this :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...