Tuesday, March 4, 2008

If I post it, will they come?

Somehow, I have managed to misplace the following knitting needles:
  • 1 pair of straight size 1 needles
  • 1 size 8 bamboo needle (7")
  • 1 size 8 bamboo needle (10")
  • 1 size 1 metal DPN
I believe that the two size 8 needles have run off to mate and that someday, I'll find them together with their baby, a size 8, 8.5" long needle. Missing my size 1 metal DPN freaks me out because I am worried that when I find it, it will be because I've stepped/sat/fallen on it and it will become impaled into my flesh.

I emptied out my knitting bag last night in an effort to find these escapees. No luck. I even felt around my bag to see if the fugitives were stuck in the lining.

I never lose my circular needles. Why? Well, because of this. Methinks it is time to organize my straight needles, too.

I am so, so lame.

Edit: I found everything! I also found a stitch holder and some fingernail clippers that have eluded me for the past few months. Remember, folks, that couches have a huge appetite for knitting paraphernalia and cannot be trusted.

2 comments:

  1. OH my gosh! I found my missing size 11 circular (the one I had been whining about!) in the couch, too! Now, I have misplaced the size 8....Hmmmmm...

    I'm glad you found them! That makes perfect sense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lost my little plastic ruler/needle sizer thing. I will have to do a search of the sofa when I head home. I didn't realize how much I used it till I couldn't find the stinkin thing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...