Thursday, August 12, 2010

Green Radiate

Against the backdrop of our living room curtains, once again, I present to you: Radiate.

I finished this cardigan back in May with the notion that it would be the perfect for the summers here. Unbeknownst to me, this year's "summer here" is covered in a marine layer. Yep, fog. Now, to be fair, fog in the summer is a usual occurrence, but peaks of the sun do shine through and temperatures are slightly warmer. The summer cardigans I've been sporting lately are no different from the winter cardigans I wear, so I suppose I should take a glass half full approach and appreciate the unexpected extended wear I am getting out of my favorite cardigans.

This was knit with 5 skeins of Karabella DK Merino Silk, another 50% off yarn I bought at Stash's moving sale last year.

I made a few mods, namely casting on more stitches for the neckband, knitting the neckband and sleeve bands in seed stitch, and crocheting a couple of closures instead of adding buttons. More details on my Rav project page. I'll fill in more details when I can find my knitting notebook.

Overall, I'm feeling meh about this cardigan. I love the color. I love the yarn. I'm not in love with how it hangs, and I wish I would have done less increases on the body. As it is, I knit one less increase to compensate for the wider neckband.

2 comments:

  1. Well, for what it's worth, I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my opinion that you didn't ask for. It's gorgeous. I love the color (but there are few greens out there I don't love).

    What if you could somehow take in the sleeves a tad? It might balance the sweater out to have the sleeves a bit less "flowey".

    Or gift the gorgeous thing to someone who you know would appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...