Monday, August 23, 2010

Pickle Making Made Easier


The back story: I'm watching Hoarders on DVD, and every time I watch the show, not only do I become increasingly agitated about two boxes of electronics the boy stores in our office (they must go!), but I have the urge to do some crazy cleaning and purging. Like, take-apart-the-range hood-and-clean-it-at-midnight crazy.

So, I find myself at Ichiban Kan because they sell Mr. Clean Eraser knock-offs and microfiber cloths crazy cheap, and what do I find? Japanese pickle making containers! For $1.75 each! I've never seen such containers, but judging by the animation on the label (imagine talking cucumber slices and a talking salt shaker), these are for Japanese pickled cucumbers.

Although I prefer to ferment in glass or ceramic, these were too darn cool to pass up. And because I seem to be learning nothing by my nightly prescription of Hoarders, I bought the last two pickle makers in stock. But, unlike a hoarder, I'm using them immediately! See? You all are my witnesses! I am not becoming a hoarder.


These are so dang cool. I can hardily stand it. So tidy!

If these Mexican carrot pickles turn out any good, I'll post the recipe.

4 comments:

  1. How did you know that pickled carrots are just about my favorite snack food ever?!? Must go to Ichiban Kan this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea! Did they come in larger sizes? I just froze some carrots - I never thought to pickle them. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if they come in larger sizes. The Ichiban Kan near me only had the small containers that I purchased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you have anything to worry about becoming a hoarder! After all you are nothing like your brother who still has his PE shirt from high school...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...