Friday, June 19, 2009

Anthropologie Inspired Capelet

The wildtomato household has been a beehive of activity. Most importantly, my little brother, tofuninja, tied the knot! I was a bridesmaid in their wedding, and in honor of this momentous occasion, I knit myself a capelet to go with my dress.

Photo credits go to Milka at Lightbulb in the Sky Photography. Thanks, Milka! You're so very talented, and my brother's wedding is going to be forever remembered by through your creative interpretation.


Knitting this raglan, top down capelet has given me the confidence to make myself a full blown sweater. It was so easy! And the whole "try it on as you go" thing was a treat. And, the yarn! Oh, and I get gushy whenever I think about the yarn! Sublime makes super squishy goodness, and I'll buy more of their extra fine merino in a heartbeat.

The Dirty Details
Pattern: Anthropologie Inspired Capelet by Peony Knits
Yarn: 3.75 balls of Sublime Yarns Extra Fine Merino Wool DK, colorway Milk
Needles: Hiyahiya interchangeable circulars, US Size 7 (love, love, LOVE them!)

More dirty details on my Ravelery page.

11 comments:

  1. I'm impressed by both your knitting ability and Milka's photography (LOVE the first photo)

    And congrats on tofuninja's wedding.

    I just remembered when I saw him at your wedding and I said "congratulations". He said, "why, I'm not the one getting married" ... Made me laugh but something got lost in the cultural translation there. We congratulate the newlyweds' entire family back home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to tofuninja! And ooo la la, what a beauty of a capelet. And look, there's beautiful you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent Caplet! Beautiful.

    Guinness's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. You inspire me to want to pick up some knitting needles (I know the basics) and learn that craft as thoroughly as you know it - some day!

    You are stunningly beautiful, as is the capelet!

    Congratulations to your little brother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous darling!! Simply gorgeous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO PRETTY!!! and your hair looks sooo nice in the pictures! can't wait to hear all about it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to your brother! Did his cat get to participate? You look so beautiful! Awesome knitting too - you are seriously skilled.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looked beautiful on you! Very, very well done. So, so cute. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgeous! And you look great. Nice work, and congrats to the family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful, and you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...