Sunday, November 21, 2010

Scarf Teaser Pics



These are pictures of the pattern I hope to offer up for sale on Ravelry soon! It's ruched and ruffled infinity scarf made out of 420 yards of sock yarn.

I don't know about you, but my sock yarn stash mocks me! Sock yarn is so tempting at the LYS, yet for me, within steps of leaving the store it's pull on me diminishes when I realize I don't have a clue what I'm going to do with my new skein. Those of you who can roll with it have my utmost admiration. As for me, I get anxious when I have yarn just sitting around - so much potential FOs! So, sock yarn was on my mind when I was browsing all those infinity scarves in the stores. My fingers itched. I had to make one.


This scarf is in the test knit phase right now, which is just thrilling! Expect to see it for sale in January 2011!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh. That's very cute! I have a very small sock yarn stash but perhaps this will give me an excuse to increase it a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to have a growing sock yarn stash, which is odd because I don't knit socks with fingering weight yarn. There must be a lot of shawls and scarves in my future...

    Your ruffled scarf is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool. I love how it looks all scrunched up like that. Will you remind us in January when it goes up for sale? And it takes ONE skein of sock yarn? Do you know how many skeins of sock yarn I own. It's shameful. Just shocking and shameful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...