Friday, January 23, 2009

AM's Birthday Cowl


She almost did not get this cowl, because I love it. I used 1.25 skeins of Touch Me Due, an appropriate, albeit cocky, yarn name because it is indeed the softest yarn on the planet.

I knew that I wanted to use this yarn and I knew that I wanted to make a cowl or a scarflet, but it took a few tries to find a pattern that worked. My first permutation involved two Victorian buttons. I loved the buttons and I thought they looked classy with the cowl, but the weight of the metal buttons left an ugly gap that ruined the lines. Those buttons will have to find another project.

This stitch pattern is wildfire knit pattern, One Row Handspun Scarf by the Yarn Harlot.

Here are the particulars if you are tempted to make this yourself:

CO 26 stitches
Knit for 17 inches, using the One Row stitch pattern
BO all sts
Whip stitch the ends together, and voila! The softest cowl on the planet!

More details on my Rav project page.

2 comments:

  1. The color is amazing (!) and I believe it IS the softest yarn on the planet. It feels so good. I'm so happy you didn't keep it, but you may borrow it...I know where you live and I can get around your dogs to retrieve it should it go missing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, nice! I like the pic too! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...