Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Leftover Sweater Yarn Cowl

Using the leftover 1.5 balls of yarn from my Frontwards Cabled Pullover, I knit the Fresco Basket Whip Cowl. I lurve it! My version was not long enough to cover my head, but it does keep my neck nice and toasty. The plan is to wear this while climbing because I won't have to worry about it falling off me as I ascend, but I've been wearing it all the time since it's cold here.

Fresco is such decadence to knit, and with over 40 colors to choose from, there will be more Fresco in my future. What I like the most about it is that it is tightly spun, so even though the yarn has a gorgeous halo (thanks to the angora) and is soft, the yarn doesn't pill like Malabrigo.

Vespa liked the cowl, too, although she didn't like how it made her neck look fat when put over her collar.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty...and your model is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first glance I thought your title was:
    "Leftover Sweater Yarn Cow!"
    As nice as your cowl is, it is pretty dissappointing compared to the Leftover sweater yarn cow. Sorry...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...