Sunday, September 9, 2007

A Sepia Day

Vespa and Fifty were startled by the camera since it has been awhile since I've whipped it out. Mingus, on the other hand, was ready to pose.




Currently on my needles is another bag. This is the Kool-Aid yarn I dyed up last weekend.


I ran out of yarn, though, so I spent yesterday spinning more singles and plying. Today, this yarn is going to be dyed purple because I'm too lazy to handpaint it.


The yarn I am spinning now is so much more even. I started out making chunky yarn, and now it is DK weight. This yarn is actually good enough to knit without felting!

Next up is some gorgeous handpainted silk/merino roving! I cannot wait to spin it!

10 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh, I LOVE the Sepia!!! It's one of my favorites. Vespa, 50, and Mingus look GREAT! One day, we need to do a family portrait of them. All three together, we could even put some ties or tuxedo bows on the boys, HEH. That would be so cute.

    Love my scarf Stacy. You're the best knitter EVER!

    love,
    milk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im here by way of Leann I Am, she recommended your blog to me.

    I am also a knitter, and she mentioned that you are on Ravelry? I am too! I love knitting blogs, and I love your Kool Aid yarn, its been a while since Ive done that stuff. I almost bought some Alpaca to dye the other day...I just may go back for it.

    Im bookmarking you! I love your stuff here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful family.

    *giggle*

    The sepia pictures are awesome! I often forget that my camera has that setting but I love the way it makes pictures look!

    The 'rare steak purse' is coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kool aid yarn is really pretty and the bag looks awesome. Sepia pictures are pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey where is greaseman.. I wonder how he would look in sepia?? vespa certaintly looks startled her ears are just so cute!

    yarn looks wonderful.. and the bag is gorgeous and even more so when its felted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your yarn! It looks great! The kool-aid dyed yarn looks nice, too. I love the colors. Mingus is cool, as always, winking at us from the camara. He looks so laid back, where Celeste is very intense in everything, even when she plays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gaaahhh! love love love the pictures. esp. mingus. that goofus. :o)
    oh and the yarn/WIP looks FAB!!!
    can't wait to see it all felted up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. do you ever sleep?!! you are a machine! Your yarn looks fantastic. I can't wait to see how this bag felts up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mingus poses and Vespa looks like oh well, and Fifty is surprised. How cute :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...