Thursday, July 26, 2007

Not Done Jaywalking


I turned the heel on my toe-up Jaywalker a few nights ago - I ended up chickening out on doing a heel flap, so I did a trusty short row heel instead. Plus, I knitted the foot up to 1.5 inches from the heel, so I would have had to frog part of my sock to make a heel flap work. No thanks!

The next time I do this pattern, I'm going to knit the sole side in stockinette stitch because I don't like the way the ribs feel on the bottom of my feet.

I think this will be an anklet sock with a picot bind off.

2 comments:

  1. I was actually thinking while reading this about how it would feel to wear these and if you could feel the ribs...

    PURDY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those look really fun

    I think I am going to write down the stitch pattern right now and bring it with me to the folk festival in case I get to my trekking XXL socks

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...