Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Ravelry! Worth the wait

After a couple of months of (im)patiently waiting for my Ravelry invitation, it came quite unexpected yesterday night. Since then, I've set up a Flickr account and itemized my projects, yarns, and needles. Making databases makes my little engineering heart jump with glee!

I also finished my Coachella today and it is blocking as I type. Notice the weird striping at the bottom of this - the final increase row ended up making the tank top self striping. I was able to break it up when I added a new ball of yarn. As soon as the boy comes home at a decent hour where there is some sunlight, I can model it again for my FO shot!

Oh, yes, and there were also kittens to be played with today. This little guy is Bling, named for the bling (bright white patch) he flashes on the bottom of his neck. I miss fostering kittens, but boy oh boy I do not miss the smell. Gack! I'd rather foster puppies any ol' day. So, luckily I have nice friends who ask me to come over to socialize their kittens. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.

2 comments:

  1. Phooey. I've still got something like 7,000 people ahead of me on the Ravelry list. I hope that by the time I'm invited, all the bugs will be worked out and I can just play on it. Just a name, just a number, and not a beta buster. Besides that, all the raving about Ravelry is bumming me out. Okay. I'm done with the whine...where's the cheese?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...