Friday, August 3, 2007

See this?

It's a knot! Yesterday was spent buying yarn and swatching for Coachella, the sexy tank top featured on Knitty. However, the yarn I chose for this project, SWTC Amaizing (corn fiber yarn) has knots! My yarn ball is not one continuous piece of yarn. And not only that, but while starting this project and knitting the first round, my yarn broke!!! This does not bode well for this project.


However, my swatch survived the washing machine and I am happy with the fabric. I had to go up a needle size to obtain gauge, though, but hey! Any excuse to buy new needles is fine by me.

5 comments:

  1. oh no!!!! knots suck.. breaking yarn sucks.. aaargh..

    its such a pretty swatch though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CORN fiber yarn? I didn't know they made that. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I'm surprised. Is it soft? I'm imagining crackly corn husks being spun into yarn. It looks like ribbon...is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...what's with you and all these 'girly colors?'

    It's a good choice, though! I can't wait to see the FO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've used this yarn! Mine had tons of knots, too. So, so frustrating.

    I don't know how you knit, and yeah! you did a swatch, but I need to warn you that this yarn has absolutely no stretch in stockinette when knitted up. I made the baby Kimono from Mason Dixon knitting with it and it's just about the most shapeless, floppy thing ever:( I hope you don't have as much trouble as I did, it's wonderfully soft in the end product.

    Pretty color! I'll be watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The corn yarn is so, so soft and lightweight. It will be a perfect thing to wear in warm weather... Not that I would know. The San Francisco area's summer is pretty much winter.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...