Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Rebirth of a Jaywalker

After I finished the first Jaywalker, I didn't like the feel of it. Meaning, it was a little tight around the ankles and the raised parts of the pattern irritated the bottom of my feet. I didn't have the heart to knit a second uncomfortable sock, so with liquid courage, I ripped the sock back to the toe and I started again. This time, I increased the toe to 92 stitches and I am only doing the Jaywalker pattern on the top of the sock.

To sooth my hurt knitting ego, I visited a new yarn store, k2together. k2together specializes in fair trade, green, and organic yarn. What a treat! I came away with some sumptuous yarn that I'll post when I cast on.

1 comment:

  1. oh that is so frustrating - but you will be happier when you are making socks that fit and don't feel funny.. I have pushed through stuff I wasn't thrilled with and have since learned that frogging is your friend sometimes

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...